View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: BaronZeus vid hands

[ QUOTE ]
yeah he states if I recall that the bet/fold line has to be dropped to c/c once in awhile to keep them honest.

Others noted he folds too much which I thought a bit too, especially one hand where I thought it was bet/call for sure. Not sure if he gets distracted when he had the phone calls and action on both tables.

The thing that got me for the most part was his attitude, which was obviously a lot calmer than I would be with some of the suckouts he had against him.

I think I counted 8 suckouts. I have definitely had sessions liket that but when you lose 4.50 instead of 450 on a hand its a lot easier to be calm.

$450 is my mortgage payment, 4.50 is lunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the thread in the mid-hi short handed, everyone thought he was way more emotional than he should have been. This is an interesting observation -- just shows that as you move up you should be more immune to changing your attitude towards suckouts. All the high stakes think he is more emotional, lower stakes think he is less.

He's a RL friend of mine who started the same time I did, but just invested way more time and was frankly just better than me by a lot. I watched it and basically thought he hasn't changed since I watched him grind micro stakes.

This hand and his folding KJ on QJT board to a bet/raise stood out to me most. I talked to him and he's convinced he probably should have checked turn and called a river bet against this opponent with 99.