View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Man kills 2 People While 911 Is Telling Him Not To

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why are you trolling this thread so hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? There were several clowns who said the guy never should have put himself in the dangerous situation. This implies that if the old man was the one who ended up getting hurt, it would have been the old man's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

It implies no such thing. Obviously the guys who kill him in that spot are morally responsible; equally obviously, putting oneself in that situation unnecessarily is retarded, risky, and likely to lead to outcomes such as this. For that reason the old man should not have done it.

As I said earlier in the thread, if I come to your house with a gun to kill you, and you pull a gun on me, I do not get to claim that I only responded in self-defense when I shot you. I think it is very plain from the 911 call that the guy was looking to administer justice, and the bits about protecting himself are ad hoc rationalizations after the fact. "They were in my lawn, I didn't know what was going to happen." Well, you'd already made it clear you were planning on going outside several minutes ago, and that the only thing holding you up was that you didn't know that neighbor that well ("if it was my other neighbor I would have acted already, I know him pretty well.") His self-defense justification is complete [censored].