View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to point out for the millionth effing time in these threads how artificially low .08 is and how the proselytizers probably drive over that limit fairly regularly without even realizing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

God what a [censored] Faustian choice: To ignore these [censored] who have nothing better to do than act holier than thou when people are down, VS to point out to the douches that they are douches, thereby derailing an otherwise great thread.

I guess I choose the latter, because I just can't abide you barca lounger judge judys in silence.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 beers in an hour in a 180lb male blows a .08

I've never had more than 2 and drove.

[/ QUOTE ]

IKE,

I've read your subsequent posts but I'll respond specifically to this one. You can't assume that someone dropped 5-6 beers in an hour because they are > .08. 6 beers over 4 hours = > .08 according to the BAC calc someone posted.

My main point btw was not to defend drunk driving, but to comment on the attitude of some people who regard this thread as an opportunity to alleviate their own low self-esteem by passing judgment on someone they don't know who is already in a tough situation.

Secondarily I completely agree with Tuq that .08 is way too low and I speak as someone who has conducted research on cognitive impairment from alcohol.