View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Prop bet for Full Ring

I think its quite achievable if this level is waaaaaaay below your starting level. For example, lets say OP is a bread and butter NL$1000 player with a $150,000 poker bankroll. He could sit and play super-mega LAG and have money spewing about all over the table. His opponents are likely to stick around given the money flying around and thus OP's money will often stay on the table. If he doesn't hit a heater early and win the bet most of his opponents will be double or trippled stacked very quickly. Then it takes no more than a few big hands (should happen more often because of his image) to take down massive multi-buy in pots. With the $2k prop bet overlaying his aggressive game it would be a pretty safe undertaking.

Yes he may well on the day dump 13 buy in's and still fail to win the bet and hat would suck. However, I'd imagine that with a $2k overlay on a win a good player with no bankroll qualms playing a solid very lag game here could make this a +EV situation.

What I'm driving at is that if he plays LAG enough he can effectively buy himself a stack.