View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: The US Navy, State Dept, and the USS Liberty Captain Screwed-Up

[ QUOTE ]
<Sigh>....it is not like I'm citing a kook source.
The USS Liberty's Captain disobey an order 7.5 hours before the attack not to get closer than 100 miles. Then to compound the error, he failed to notify the Israelis in advance that a US ship was going to enter a warzone. A warzone where Israel forewarned the USA that all unidentified ships in the area would have been sunk.

Quote:
it only matters if you take your position that israel has the authority to attack anyone anytime it wants to, even in international waters.

In war, enemy ships may be attacked in international waters. This has been true for 3000 years. But the Israelis can't do the same???!!!??? A good thing the US Navy was not under your command in WW2. After Pearl Harbor gets attacked you would have ordered your ships not to attack any Japanese ships in international waters.... Japan would have won the war easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) the link I posted disputes the disobey order thing. also it is another source that the naval hearing was rigged, admitted by the naval judges/prosecutors.

b) I didn't realize you israelis considered the US an enemy. this explains a lot.