View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: when do you allow your \"internal warning\" system take over???

[ QUOTE ]
villain is bamboo6386 - a 22/13 unimaginative straightforward TAG. His cr size (BIG) w/ a player behind him SCREAMED strength. Obviously I still called w/ the intenion to trap HIM. But then on the turn, he bet hard and w/o any thought (instaneously)... my internal alarm, hundreds of thousands of hands played, to my inner core, SCREAMED that he has me beat. but of course I didn't listen! does anyone EVER listen to their internal mechanism here - or do we always say "f*ck it, I has a set, and I ain't folding!"

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $990.00
BB: $2,220.00
UTG: $1,553.00
Hero (MP): $1,020.00
CO: $358.75
BTN: $1,102.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $30.00, BB calls $25.00

Flop: ($105) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $75.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $215.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $140.00

Turn: ($535) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $535.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $770.00</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that a "BIG" c/r? it's not even 3x your bet. anyway, it's extremely unlikely for you to have a straight here so he can easily still think his 2pr is good and is value betting a worse hand so i'd still get it in with 33.

to your more general question, i'm with chirs- i probably make a few folds here and there that ppl wouldn't agree with bc of a "feeling" or "internal wanring" like you suggested. i think it's fine to make these kinds of folds once in a while, dont think it's too smart to make it a habit though