View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: bet sizes to maximize profits, and minimize losses (intresting)

Ive been thinking alot about this myself lately,. and heres what I came up with: Put yourself in thier shoes, lets say you raise 3xBB and your oppenanant calls, the flop comes Q 9 3 now there are 7.5BB in the pot( assuming neither of u wer eform the blindes) what size of bet wouldNT you call with a 9 there, most would probobly fold an A9 there, figureing there behinde against a large part of your range. you probobly wont get a fold on the flop from anything better than a JJ, especially at that stake, top pair= all in for most of tthem there.

Also, you could bet like 10-20% more ( in realtion to the pot) when you have a hand then when you dont, like if you have AK raise and pair the flop, bet the pot, when you miss bet 75-80% of the flop. this sounds to obvoius and exploitable, but if you never show a hand they cant be sure if thats whats going on. Espacielly at micro stakes players jsut arent that oberservant or paying that much attention to be able to single out this strategy.

at those stakes, multiway pots are very common, because people jsut wanna gamble more/ dont know better. over calling on the river with top pair, and limping with suited paint is so common, that if you fins urself i na multiway pot with a hand, you may want to jsut check it, because even the hands that " You Know" they dont have like J7 or 95 are very possible.

hope this helped abit.