View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: I was robbed yesterday for $9,000

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the bottom line: I smoked weed for 20 years, but quit it completely about 15 years ago. Why do I make a point of this? The reason is that it caused me to make a lot of bad decisions in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're confusing correlation with causality. Just because you were smoking weed when you were making poor decisions, it doesn't mean the weed was the cause of the poor decisions. You were also younger and dumber at the time, and that's probably the key reason for your dumb decisions. As you got older and smarter, so your decisions became less dumb -- which is why you stopped smoking weed. If the weed had been making you dumb, it would have obviously made you too dumb to make the decision to stop.

I also smoked weed for 20 years, and stopped smoking frequently about 15 years ago. I stopped because I stopped liking how it made me feel. And while my decisions were sometimes dumb, they were dumb because I was dumb. The weed had almost nothing to do with it.

A lot of dumb people do smoke weed, mind. But not as many as drink alcohol, and your average weed smoker certainly makes better decisions than your average boozer -- starting with their drug of choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

bap, the post you quoted is right on topic. You might try reading it again?