View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Default NL50: VBet River with TPWK

No reads on villain when this hand happened. I am running about 22/18/2.5 for the session. Comments on all streets, but esp what do you think of river vs unknown?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $50
MP: $15.70
Hero (CO): $56.80
BTN: $98
SB: $49
BB: $124.75

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $2, 3 folds

<font color="blue">I think floating is better than 3betting vs unknown UTG raiser. With more history, 3bet might be better. Folding is maybe best vs unknown UTG raise, but whatever. </font>

Flop: ($4.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6

<font color="blue">I didn't want villain to fold turn, so I tried to look like I was making a weak float.</font>

River: ($22.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>

<font color="blue">At the time, I thought he probably doesn't check turn with a K, and was hoping he would call with QQ or Jx type hand, which people seem to have been doing lately. I am betting T for value here, not to float and steal the pot. Now I think I can bet T or R for value, but betting both is a little thin. Better to bet more on T and just check behind on river? Check turn to induce river bet? Can I really go for 3 streets of value?</font>
</font>