View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Putting your foot in it

So I'm meeting with a couple(husband and wife) of customers at work. I'm doing a satisfaction survey with them to make sure that everyone was polite with them on their visit to our resort. I'm friendly and like making friends. The man is wearing a pair of Persol sunglasses. I genuinely like Persols so I say, "Hey great sunglasses." He replies yeah they're OK and takes them off and puts them on the table. I start explaining to him how Persols have world class lenses. I talk about the history of the company and how they were first designed for Italian fighter pilots in WW I. I point out to him the the Persol insignia on the side of the glasses. He says that he just likes them because they're comfortable, and seems generally disinterested in conversing about the subject.(This doesn't slow me down though) I respond that of course they are comfortable because of the way the temples of the glasses are designed, but the true greatness of the Persol sunglasses is the world class lenses. At this point he is making no eye contact with me, and just staring off into space. I feel like I'm talking to myself. I finally give up on the conversation. I finish up the survey with them and ask him to sign his credit card receipt. At this point his wife takes the pen and places it in his hand and then guides his hand to the paper to sign. Yes he is blind. Of course he doesn't give a [censored] about the lenses, he just likes them because they're comfortable.