View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 AM

Default Re: HU Cash Games -- Raise Amount for Deeper Stacks?

I've been thinking about this too. Is tightening up a bit and raising a bit more better when we have about 200xBB stacks?

Another thing I have been thinking about is that how much should I change my hand types when playing deep? Should we stop playing (opening from button) with something like Q5o and begin playing any two suited when deep enough, for instance? And what is deep enough?

What I have been doing is to raise 3xBB always from the button increasing amount of suited hands a bit and reducing the unsuited ones (maybe play something like 43o more often). If opponent reraises I will be more willing to play speculative hands, even something like 32s may be profitable to call when stacks are > 200BB, right? Sometimes I like to 4-bet (mixing speculative/trash for bluff with good hands for value) because now it makes a lot more sense than when 100xBB (surely it's even then correct choice sometimes).

Postflop I play basically the same poker adjusting implied odds/reverse implied odds of course.