View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, Howard business acumen is stupid. He is probably judging Gobbo from one or two events at most, failing to acknowledge the hordes of internet poker players who follow and respect his game. Just judging from Gobbo's letter to FT, you can tell that if he had to represent FT on a business level, he would clean up his act. If FT were smart, they'd do a phone interview or something, but that's asking too much.

Secondly, I don't know about Howard Lederer and his [censored] video tapes, but three paragraphs of Gobbo's theory posts for MTTs did more for my game than Lederer's analysis ever has.

Thirdly, I guess that if Gobbo was just "weird" or just a "freak," he would get a sponsorship. I mean, you just have to be a total douchebag to describe a person as a "dude" who is "weird and a freak." That kind of "cool kid" intel suburbanite meets retro hippy attitude is [censored] that we try to forget about after high school or (unfortunately) college. Hearing it come out of a 40+ year old's mouth is more disturbing, IMO, than a hyper gifted 20 year old with a weight problem who needs to clean himself up a little.

Fourth, FTP has a former drug addict / convict on like half of its commercials now. I guess that's the representation they are looking for.

Perhaps Howard is intimately associated with the business people at full tilt and therefore speaks his mind freely and casually amongst his peers. Still, I really can't stand his analysis.

Hein

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT