View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: In what order should my child watch the Star Wars movies?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I caught the end of Star Wars: Episode III on HBO the other day and I started thinking...

I have a three month old daughter (see the baby thread). When she is old enough to appreciate Star Wars, should I have her watch the series the way I experienced it (4-6, 1-3), or straight through in order?

The obvious advantage to watching 1 through 6 is that it is chronological, so she can watch the story develop.

But, there is something to be said for the way we all saw it. The original is classic and can stand on its own. Some of the most legendary characters of the last thirty years are developed in 4 through 6. To me, the fun of watching the new Star Wars movies is seeing how everything I already knew about came to be.

I am leaning towards having her watch them the way I experienced them.

What say you, Lounge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching them chronologically puts the worst movie up front - she may never watch the others.

Whether that outcome is considered positive or negative I leave to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought. Even if she decides to keep watching, she may be so biased against them at that point that the movies become unenjoyable. Jar-jar could ruin everything for you if you go in 1-6 order.