View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Pedophile that hasn\'t acted yet. Legal action?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There IS a bank you are trying to rob. There isn't a child at the other end of the internet and at that house. That's the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

The offender doesn't know this when he decides to engage in a criminal activity of soliciting a minor for sex. It's not like he doesn't know what he's doing is wrong given the parameters regardless of whether the person is real or not.

Now, I can give a little if the cops were literally inviting him over, thereby, initiating the contact. But from what I've seen, that isn't the case. Or if the cops just went to his house based on just internet chat logs.

Basically, it's like a red light at an intersection. If you choose to run through it, you might get caught and have to pay a fine(here they have cameras on some intersections). Even though, if no traffic is there, it's victimless and no one is in danger. The sign to stop is there, clearly, but you proceed anyways. You've chosen to run the light.

And yes, the drug laws are idiotic.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read about To Catch a Predator, it is often the fake child inviting the offender over, thus entrapping him.