View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Super Bowl Conspiracty: Jets v. Colts

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point of this? You can work out a way in which it would be in there interest to do so, I guess. But then what? There's no other evidence whatsoever, so what are you going to do? The whole idea that someone might have an interest in something crazy like this makes it possible/likely is stupid. If our only question is, as you asked it, is it possible, well, sure it's POSSIBLE, just not likely and there's no reason other than the bare metaphysical possibility that it happened to believe it. If by possible you mean likely/probable, then all we have is a possible motivation, which is of course nowhere near enough. And unless you or someone else has more information to present, we are at a dead end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the fact I that this was told to me by an NFL player that played at the time, and that he heard things about this in locker rooms, etc., I have no information that it really happened.

What kind of comment are you trying to make, anyway. What is the point of this? What is the point of any sports post? Are you really going to find out whether Barry Bonds is better than Babe Ruth, or whether Pedro Martinez is a better pticher than Sandy Koufax? Why ask a question if the answer cannot be definitively proven.

I suppose your brain is at a dead end. What is even more outrageous is that you reject it immediately as complete conjecture, even though this type of scenario has been uncovered many times in international soccer.

Again, the NFL then wasn't what it is today.