View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Huge pot with heavy flop action

[ QUOTE ]
fold > call.

you have 5 outs for 2-pair but a few are tainted, and also a bd flush and straight (each worth 1.5 outs per ed miller). that all adds up to maybe 5-6 clean outs. and you're getting around 12-1 to peel here.
the only way you can call is if you can play really well after the call. IMO that means you realize you are peeling for a 5, or a diamond, or maybe a 6. it means that if you hit a 7 you do nothing more than check/call the turn. if you hit a 7 then end up losing 3BB on the turn and river to a straight then you weren't good enought to call the flop action.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob, that's the kind of analysis I was looking for. I got 2.5 folds and 2.5 calls from the field, so neither action is particularly bad. Thank you guys. Even though the game was great, it was my last orbit as I was very tired.

I figured I had between 4 and 5 outs discounting b/d draws because they are not to the nuts and heavily discounting 7. I expected a 3 bet but not 4 bet making a call w/5 outs correct and a call w/4 incorrect and ultimately decided to call. It was 3 bet and called by everybody as I expected.

A 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] rolled on a turn giving me 1 card straight draw and putting 2 flush on the board. UTG bet with everybody(!) calling (but no raies, so I was not afraid of 7-9). The river was a beautiful 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] completing my straight. I bet and got a crying call from UTG, frustrated fold from good player and a call from a girl playing 100% of her hands. We chopped the pot, her having A-7o calling p/f raise and 2 cold on the flop with no hand and no draw. Can't fault her for staying, though, b/c her money in the pot were part of the reason I stayed. Based on the outcome, again, 4 outs was an incorrect call and 5 outs correct. UTG had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and good player KQo.