View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: 50 Stud Hi: AA vs Ted Forrest

I think I like HOWWMANY's line here, and I think its what I would do in the heat of battle, but it could be based on the stakes (for me) and the opponent.

Would he ever really limp with TTQ or 99Q though? I think rolled is certainly a possibility as a limp and 6th street raise would be fairly standard. If he is on a draw+pr you win the same amount by calling as you would have if you just bet 6th and 7th, even if he checks behind on the river;
BUT, I think you should actually be raising because you should be ahead of his range. You are behind to a slowplayed QQQ or had 99Q or TTQ or JcKcQc, but the last 3 hands seem very odd not to raise on 3rd in an aggressive game...SOOOO, that pair+draw, maybe 9cTc that made 2 pair, or maybe even dry aces seems more likely to me. Even if he has something like TcJc down you are a 2 to 1 fave to win the hand. I've never played with him but it seems twice as likely he has one of the hands you are ahead of than he limped with a hand that is crushing you. If you are behind there are always aces and fours floating around too...

That being said, of the online players I would like to squeeze an extra bet out of, Ted Forrest may not be the best choice, especially if he has been playing pretty solid and not donking around at these "low" stakes. I don't want to pay off a big hand here any more than I have to and the proposition of getting capped is very unappealing and costly.