View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah A5 I can see why you'd be annoyed but it's pretty inevitable for these smaller gamer companies for reasons people have touched on a bit already

McDonalds: They can afford a generous full refund policy because they can still retain a very strong "Revenue to Returns ratio" probably at least 500:1. No way small gaming stores could accomplish this, their ratio would be much much smaller. If everyone started abusing McD's policy, they would discontinue it.

[ QUOTE ]
Now I can see them not giving me a complete refund or exchange, perhaps making me pay 5 or 10 bucks since it was opened and they can't sell it new.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what they do, but they just charge a $40 fee for a $60 full refund [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that EBGames/Gamestop (same company btw, Gamestop bought EBgames in 05) now has a monolopy on video game stores, and I see them all over the place. I think they're a pretty big company even though they definitely do have major competition in the form of Best Buys and WalMarts, etc.

The reason why I was pissed to begin with is because the offer for the game was a joke. The trade in value of THPG was listed as $20 on their website, but it makes no sense to label a game's value based solely on the fact that it is technically used. The condition of the game and the contents inside the cover determine how much they sell each used game for. A scratched up yet working version of THPG with a stained and ripped instruction manual they will probably sell for $30-35. Mine is practically brand new with no scratches or anything that would suggest that it was a used game whatsoever, and they're going to sell that one for $50-55. Yet me and the guy who gave them the same which is in poor but working condition are going to get the same amount back. That just seems completely ridiculous to me that the condition of the game is not a factor at all in what I should get for it, especially considering I'd only had it for a few days so it's not like I can fool them into thinking it's a new game because I kept it in mint condition.

Like I said before, I didn't expect them to give me a full refund. I did expect that I could work something out with them that we both would consider fair. An amount that wouldn't cause them to lose money on the exchange, whether I pay an extra $5-10 or even $15. Is it worth getting worked up about? Probably not. I'm just a nit, what can I say.