View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: an argument against HUDs

[ QUOTE ]
This whole hand is interesting. I think the preflop cap is light but whatever. I am curious as to why Dean and Stellar are checking this flop. Will villian ever release a hand like KJ or KQ on the turn after we cap and bet 2 streets? If we check behind here are we calling bets on the turn and river?

Then there is the little wrinkle of getting checkraised on the flop. While I agree that this was bad play by the villian with QQ, are all you guys going to SD here with KTs if he bets the turn and river? Seems to me that after we cap preflop and he keeps firing we are almost always beat. I wish PB posted the hand that way and asked for river advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the case for a flop check here. I think betting flop and checking turn is a much better play. If I get checkraised on this flop which I don't think happens very often when I have outs, I just call and ditch the turn. Sure he is spazzing occasionally but not enough to call down.

P.S. I'm thinking it might even be better to just fold to the flop c/r actually. I am not happy about my prospects at all on this board.