View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: B,B, or V?: lilholdem interview!

[ QUOTE ]

There is a big misunderstanding here on what the counterpoints of aejones, yeti, and myself have posted. I dont think any of us are saying he's a losing player. We are simply saying he isnt AS GOOD as people claim he is. I think you accidently backed us up when you said "the play in tournaments is much worse than in cash games." Yes, it is, thats why beating tournament fields doesn't automatically make you a great player. As for how much luck is involved, lets look at his actual results,

Total played for Stars,Party,Full Tilt, Paradise: 4150
Total estimated profit according to OPR: $1,026,585
(Note: these profit numbers tend to be higher than the truth as the sites that track them cannot keep an accurate record of the amount of rebuys bought in rebuy tourneys, therefore they typically use the average number of rebuys according to the prize pool)
Big Cashes:

Party Million - 3rd for $57561
Party Million - 1st for $210000
Full Tilt $535 - 1st for $212894

Total from big cashes: $480,455

Now, yes, it is painfully obvious that he is a winning player. But as far as being the best, or one of the best, that claim is based on something variance has a large part of. 46.8% of his total online winnings are from 3 cashes in tourneys with HUGE fields. Why does this matter? If 3, yes, 3 coinflips didnt work out his way, he's won half of what he has now and he's just another "good tourney donk." I could take this analysis further and probably prove that (this is a guess) 80% of his profit has come from <2 dozen cashes. I'm not saying any of this proves whether or not he's a good player, I'm saying that the pure nature and structure of tourneys causes variance to be a MAJOR factor in distinguishing the good players with a decent edge and the supposedly "great" players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care so much if some think he's the best online tourney player? (I don't know if anyone actually even said that in this thread)

Would you not agree that he is a good choice if you have to pick somebody?

3 coinflips, huh? I'll let you figure out why that statement is completely retarded.

"Well let's see...take away these few wins...change that 2nd place to a bubble finish...hmmmm....yep, lil' sucks guys, told you so."