View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

Well, big game hunting season i sover now and it feels strange. Still some bird hunting left and coyote hunting as well but still not the same as deer and elk hunting.

We ended up with more meat than we needed so yesterday we made a trip out to take a deer to an elder on the reservation next to us. He is a really nice guy and visits my wife in the bank where she works and gets very excited to hear when she got her elk this year and two years ago as well. He saw her this year the week before opening day for rifle and he told her he was going to pray for her to do well hunting and opening day we both got elk. We gave him a bunch of elk meat and told him it must have been a pretty good prayer. :-)

Anyway, it was nice to get him and his wife some meat. He was very happy to see the deer and it is good to see someone get that who can really use it. We also have another woman in town who had a stroke recently that we are going to give a deer. I will process that one for her and I am sure she will be happy to have a bunch of meat for the freezer.

It feels good to give/share with other people.