View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Tricky flop spot with AK vs 2 opponents 10/20

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weird spot, but with the protected pot with the fish I think it's a fold, he is unlikely to do this with a draw or any worse made hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think the exact opposite is the case but I could be wrong. I just don`t see him ever check a strong made hand given there are so many draws I would check behind with the calling station in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the second time I've missed that MP was the PFR.

One thing that makes this position weird is that you have a hand that isn't even in your range (eh?). I always get owned when people make this call preflop.

I can't see why he would check a big (meaning better than yours) hand on the flop with the station in. It makes no sense to me at all. Also, when the board has two broadway and a flush draw on it, a flopped monster can lose a lot of value when the flop gets checked through.

I feel like your flop betting range is a little wider than you're letting on, as even most stations fold unders on a A high board?

What I don't get is if you do have the best hand, WTF does he have? I would have thought he'd lead the draw, but if you're considering folding this hand then perhaps the freecard/CR with the draw is the best play. Certainly it's the best way to fold the station if you want to attempt to fold a station.

I'm calling. Mostly because I don't believe he wouldn't just take the bet bet bet approach against the station with a made hand and our hand is very underrepped.