View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

[ QUOTE ]
OP,
You knew you were inducing a bluff? or you just picking up a comfortable number of $350 to bet on the turn and had no idea what to do about villain's shove?

Edit: from your posts, it appears you approach to the game with very strong mathematic analysis, which I like. But, if you put some reads into consideration, it's more powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no reads pre-flop. It's pretty early and I hadn't seen anyone make any gross mistakes.

When I limp big PP in EP it is not one of my goals to play post-flop with a bunch of limpers. If that happens, then I reduce my reasonable expectation for the hand way down.

With 5 opponents in the flop it's extremely likely that at least one player hit something they would want to play. The healthy flop bet was mainly to force out marginal hands like unpaired Ax that might benefit from a turn card.

On the turn, I felt it was still murky as to whether I had the best hand. The lead-out was to avoid giving a free card and to keep the pot size down (which can work if villain is also unsure if ahead/behind).

I knew 1/2 pot might look like I was on a draw, but I didn't see any really good way to play the turn. If you check, you give a freebie to draws, and you cede pot control to hands you're behind. Seems like people are saying I should have bet more ?

I wasn't trying to induce a bluff raise but given the board I knew one was possible. I was kinda surprised it was a shove.