View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]

I don't have a strong opinion on exposing cards DURING a heads-up hand. I think DN would argrue that it adds skill to the game. On the other hand it is likely to slow down play, and seeing fewer hands takes skill out of the game. There could be issues with soft-playing/collusion, etc.

On balance I think the current rule (regarding no exposing during the hand) is good as the slooooooow pace of live tourney play is the primary reason I have reduced the number of events I play------there is already way too much hollywooding/delay. And minimizing cheating/angle shooting should be of paramount importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all this, and I would like to suggest that the active promotion of SPEED POKER should be a priority for anyone looking to improve tournaments. Poker players will probably endlessly argue about things like how much table talk is appropriate and whether we should be able to expose cards HU, but speed poker would necessitate a lot less talking and jiving at the table and eliminate a lot of the brooding, coffeehousing and showmanship that slows the game down.