View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]
i do think players should be able to expose a single card after the hand is over. I hate the fact that you have to show both cards, or none. I think it's a silly rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I would sometimes flash a single card AFTER my opponent mucks (i.e. hand is over). Now, with the idiotic "show one show both" rule, I simply muck both cards. It makes the game less enjoyable for me, and I think for my opponents who are now getting zero information instead of partial information.

I don't have a strong opinion on exposing cards DURING a heads-up hand. I think DN would argrue that it adds skill to the game. On the other hand it is likely to slow down play, and seeing fewer hands takes skill out of the game. There could be issues with soft-playing/collusion, etc.

On balance I think the current rule (regarding no exposing during the hand) is good as the slooooooow pace of live tourney play is the primary reason I have reduced the number of events I play------there is already way too much hollywooding/delay. And minimizing cheating/angle shooting should be of paramount importance.

A cash game is different as you are not on the clock and issues like soft playing become less of a concern.

btw, exposing your hand after your opponent is all-in is not giving free information (it is an attempt to receive free information).