View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu is WRONG!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Matt,
I believe that in a heads up pot when one player is all in the player who is contemplating the call should be allowed to show his cards to the player who is all in.

This allows for the the player who is being put to the test to gain information via psychological warfare something that is, and should always be, a part of poker.

The player who shoved all in should not be permitted to show his card to his opponent because doing so would make it easier for those players to collude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point but again it is way too subjective for an even playing field. Can you imagine the amount of "hollywood" that would take place if this was allowed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt,

Do you think the rules should be designed to decrease (or even eliminate) what you describe as "hollywood"? Wouldn't that also be very subjective?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is more about integrity and an even playing field. A little "Hollywood" IS good for the game and the reason people like watching it on TV. So no I do not want to eliminate all of the "Hollywood" tactics but I do think you should have to earn the right to showboat :-)

Matt