View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Philosophy majors?

This caught my eye on the way by - I graduated w/ a double major in philosophy and the history of math and science in 2005.

Re: Question 1 - I'm a poker pro, so that's no help. I can say that a lot of people who graduated with me are either teaching or going to further schooling (most to become teachers/professors or lawyers), but the rest basically run a wide spectrum. If you are passionate about something else, you will be able to do it after you graduate, imo.

Re - Question 2 - I am jaded from four years of college, so it's tough for me to say yes. I will say that there is nothing quite like a learning community and that the experiences I had in such a community are unforgettable and very important to me. I could've gone pro a year earlier and I'm quite sure I missed out on thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars by not doing so, but I wouldn't trade my experiences senior year for anything. If you can find a group of students who think the same way you do, NO question is off-limits, and you will come away from it a totally changed person. The only downside is having to re-integrate yourself into a world of people who haven't done that kind of examination.