View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Borgata $500 Day 2: Overpair facing flop C/R from UTG limp/call

I think all 3 options flat out suck here. He could have AA, KK, a set, a smaller overpair, a flush draw, or just be making a move. I just didn't have enough info on his play to know which was more likely.

I chose to call because: (1) I thought there was a good chance that it would slow him down if I had him beat, since shoving the turn without having me beat would be a hell of a risky play, given where we were in the tournament and that we were 2 of the big stacks; and (2) I thought I would call here if I had AA or KK, hoping to induce a turn shove. I thought that shoving would only get called by a hand crushing you (unless he has a very big draw like AQdd or AJdd -- I can't see him limp/calling UTG with AKdd). And I just couldn't bring myself to fold.

Adanthar, I assume you think my pre raise was too big and my flop bet too small relative to the pot. Why?

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He shoves. Your action?

And just for fun: I played with him for several hours after this, we played a lot of pots together. He's a very good player capable of making lots of moves. If I knew then what I know now, should this hand play out differently?