View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Early Week 3 NCAA discussion

[ QUOTE ]
For clarity, the previous posts were my guesses at the lines - they haven't opened yet, although I'd be expecting them any minute at Bookmaker.

Interesting that you think 17 is too many for MSU/Auburn, at Auburn. Not a ringing endorsement of your Tigers!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love our team and if we had any other QB in Div 1 right now I'd think we could win any game on our schedule. But as is, I don't see Auburn covering 17 against anybody. I see it just opened at 13.5/14. If you want a recommendation, I think I would hold off and take MSU +14.5 if it gets there, but I'm not going to touch it.

Auburn's two losses last year were to unranked teams in 11:30 am kickoffs (local time.) The game Sat is at 11:30. The crowd will be a non-factor (other than booing if it's close.) MSU hasn't had a lot to cheer about lately, but if they could pull off the upset to get to 2-1 it would be a big break for them. I see them playing with a lot of motivation Saturday and Auburn is extremely banged up. We were missing our top 2 LBs and our top 2 DBs (as well as maybe our top 2 RBs, Lester and Davis) last game. I see it as a dogfight unfortunately and hopefully Tuberville will finally pull Cox and put in somebody, anybody.