View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: NL25 AQ vs loose opponent

To be honest i think you played this Ok, the area where you may have made a mistake is the turn bet --> river fold, but that might be debatable on how well you know the opponent. It also hinges on stack size and the price you are getting.

PF seems fine, althogh we are pretty much none the wiser as to what villains hand is. you say he is loose, so that includes all PP; (but probably not big ones because he only minraised UTG) most suited aces, broadway combos and suited connectors.

your flop bet is fine. some poeple may say bet pot, but 4.5 into 5.4 is still fine, but i would not want to bet any less. The flop is suited and also dangerous considering he often has broadway cards which could mean straight draws plus 2 pair + pair + draw hands like QJ, TJ .

villain checks the Ks which is a really bad card for you. not only is it an over, it also completes the flush and also straights J9, AJ and also could give 2 pair to many potential hands in villains range.

nonetheless, you make a half- pot sized bet, which seems a bit weak. I think before betting here, you really needed to think of your plan- given that you just commited $13/ $20.8 of your stack. Leaving you with like a quarter- pot sized bet on the river if you chose to continue.

Basically, i think you have to decide on the turn whether you want to put your money in or not. (this does not equal going all in btw). But if you choose to bet the turn (and $7 is already small), then you are DEFINATELY committed to calling the river.

As played, you C/FOLDED the river, which was basically a harmless card.

CALLing the river here is better than folding as played.(though i don't think you are good most of the time.)

Checking the turn behind is even better than betting though imo. And it would allow you to perhaps snap off a small bluff on the river, or C/F to a large bet. Either way, a much better option i think.

The king was a super nasty card. i don't know what is up tongiht but every HH i am seeing EVIL turn and river cards.