View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: annoying dealer comments

[ QUOTE ]
I would have agreed with OP until just last night. I sat down for the first time in a "1-2-2 5 to go" NL game, and let me tell you, it was a rough 60 seconds. I sit down and they are taking time right then (because the seat I was filling was vacated by a dude who didn't want to play the next half hour). Ok, so I give up my 6 chips, whatever. Now I'm in the CO for the first hand and am told I have to post 5 to come in. The blinds are 1-2-2 and I have to post 5? Huh? And then someone starts saying "you have to post 5 and kill it or you can wait" but I had just paid time and didnt really want to wait 7 hands and to be honest I had no freaking clue what was going on. I tried asking the dealer for my "options" and she was not helpful. If she had just said "It's best to post now" that would have been great.

I eventually found out that all new players must post a $5 blind, which "kills" the pot and makes it 10 to go. Any other player may kill the pot at any time he likes. It's like straddling, only you can do it whenever you're not in the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if the rules are like that I would much prefer the dealer to sat which is best rather then go through speech that every time a new player comes in.