View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * *

[ QUOTE ]
BadPlayer,

If you are connected with the floor staff and the poker room @ Fallsview I would highly recommend you look into what options you are allowed re: spreading private games.

Last year we tried to get a 5/5 PLO game going and it took almost an hour of begging and complaining before we were able to play, which included for a good 45 minutes refusal to spread anything but NL omaha.

That same 5/5 PLO game when it finally got off the ground ran for the rest of the week, with larger average pots relative to the 5/5 NLHE games.

I am just insinuating that there are going to be a lot of online players (generally drunk) that will want to spread random games that involve lots of tipping.

Examples: 1/2 NL with no cap on buyin, 5/5 PLO, mixed games

I'm just warning you in advance because last year the staff wasn't nearly as accomodating just due to general unpreparedness, and I hope the staff this year is more prepared to do this as otherwise (I think I can speak for the online majority) our time is better spent playing online, doing videogame propbets and visiting the strip clubs.

At least something to please consider =) ty in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

Although we try to be as "accomadating" as possible, players need to be prepared that they are visiting a different gambling jurisdiction then they may be used to. In Ontario, gaming is offered only by the government. That being said, our Gaming Commision is reknowned for being one of the strictest. If a staff member is relunctant to accomodate you and offer a game that we do not normally spread, it is most likely that we are awaiting approval for it or confirming that it is even possible. I will boldly come out and say that there is a slim-to-nil chance of there being a PLO game offered this year. My apoligies. There will also not be any mixed game tables (as these are NOT approved by our gaming commision).

Please do not look at as "unpreparedness"; we are just working within the parameters of our regulators.