View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: The Fed Ex Cup, your thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]
The only way it will be exciting as far as who wins it is if some guy who needs the money wins. Some Jason Gore/Rich Beem story. Seeing Tiger or Phil get a big check that can cover yacht paneling or shipping furniture to the house they rent for a tournament won't be that great. Yeah, if they play great and the finish is exciting it is good, but I doubt a lot of prestige will be attached to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you mean, but I'm not really looking at it that way. I'm just looking at it as a golf fan who is excited to see all the big names play some more tournies together.
I agree that not much prestige will be attached to winning the Fed Ex Cup...and I've found some of the ads on t.v. by the PGA Tour to be a bit annoying. They're hyping it like it's going to be some great championship series that players want to win as bad as the majors. Simply not true, but they have to advertise as such and I can understand them going that route.

I'm just pushing that all aside and looking at is as a great opportunity to see some top notch golf.

If the Cup stays around long enough, eventually the title will come down to the final few holes of the last tounament. "If he can par these last two holes, he wins $2 million first place plus the Fed Ex Cup title which is worth an extra $10 million"

That would be fun to watch no matter who is involved.