View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: ATs - I confuse myself

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a lot of hands on anyone. They all seem quite loose.

Preflop: I raise because I figure to have an edge against the field.

Flop: C-Bet will take this down never against this crowd, so I check and see what happens and then peel with my overcard and backdoor draws.

Turn: This is where it gets weird for me. I don't know if I should bet even if it turns my hand face up, and I'm not sure if I should check-raise for value with TP 4th kicker. So I revert to the good ol' "when confused, call"-strategy. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

River: I don't want to have it check through so I bet, planning to call one more bet back to me most of the time.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

pf - I don't know if your raise is for value with everyone but you in the pot already, and you being oop for the rest of the hand. I'd take the free play.

flop - you have IO to play, but I think you're drawing thin. I don't think folding here is a mistake. I don't know if I'd overcall with 3 outs max. There's definitely another A out there.

turn - c/raise for value

river - bet fold