View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: No pumpkin pie from Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you guys think GB should be favored by 13 points if this was in GB?

That's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea where you get that 13 pt figure - guessing its your sound logic, but I'm not quite sure. I do think GB is much better than Vegas is giving them credit for. And I think Vegas is giving DET too much credit... as they did last week, and again this week.

GB should be a 7/8 point favorite at home - YES.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know where I got the 13 point figure, then you really shouldn't be betting on sports at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit that I am new to the more sophisticated betting strategy... so you undoubtedly have an edge on me there.

I have my money on GB this week - my BET IS IN. Put yours on DET - and show me just how sophisticated of a bettor you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyro - you obviously just want to be right. You are not interested in considering the other info put forward.

The standard (3 point home advantage) has not been universally accepted for some time - but to the average "note: square" bettor that is what he's heard- so it's gospel.

Of course you dont know why teams are throwing on Wash more than running. Simple: they are more susceptible to the pass than the run.

Lets make you the coach. You can average 6+ yards per pass play against a team that you can't average 4 yds per rush against.

What are you going to do?

Play to win?