View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Examples of why your dad is/was awesome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
once leased a car and drove it around the country. Went way over on miles. Ended up jacking it up in reverse in our garage and backed about 80% of the miles off of it before turning it in. It took him weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You almost had me tug, almost. But this one just put it too far over the top..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know why nobody believes this. He did it. I was fairly young and was horrified that it would come off of its jack, back into the garage door, and cause some unimaginable damage to the house or the neighbor's house across the street. He was self-employed so he would sit around all day like Jabba the [censored] Hut while he rolled it back.

He also had a Tourette's-ish habit that was funny but only borderline awesome: he would talk to himself in short sentences, usually repeating the same saying over and over. One of his favorites was "[name], [censored] 'em". I've picked up this exact same habit and when people aren't around sometimes just blurt it out without thinking. Not sure if that's learned or genetic.

He also used to spit at the mirror when he brushed his teeth. He didn't gargle, he just spit it out at the mirror. And didn't clean it up afterwards. Very strange. But now I'm filling this thread with things that are at best borderline awesome so I'll stop. I think I'd have more to say in a thread about how he was NOT awesome so if that ever comes around I'll post in it.