View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

Hello MyTurntoRaise

I am glad to learn about you and your experience. I read all your responses and must say that many consistent and positive character traits are evident in your reponses.

-You are intelligent, yet humble.
-You seem to have a very good ability to step away from yourself and assess you strengths and weaknesses.
-You still feel that you were overcharged, but you also acknowledge playing with "fire," so to speak, and you don't allow bitterness to consume you. You have taken ownership for your role in this, depsite the fact you were over-penalized.
-The candid remarks and conflicting emotions about your former girlfriend are very interesting, and reveal lots about your character and level of insight. You revealed 4 different perspectives on you/her, but they are all consistent. Not sure if you realized how much you conveyed about your ability to see pros/cons for her side and pros/cons for you.
-You seem to be a very "confident" person in most regards, yet on a positive front you see no need for ego or bravado.

I only mentioned these because I personally took more from how you addressed the questions, and the honesty and openness in which you addressed your situation, than I did from your OP. Collectively, they provided an excellent insight into your character.

I am truly saddened that the employment scenerio for you is impeded by your record, but perhaps your own business or other ventures will prove to be your calling anyway.

Anyway, enough for the kudos, I actually do have a question.

In poker, I always thought some key characteristics a person needed to succeed were.

1. Patience
2. TRUE assessment of strengths and weaknesses
3. Discipline, inlcuding the ability to remain composed through periods of negative runs/bat beats, etc
4. People reading skills.

Do you agree with the above, and if so, how much has your experience with the justice system (including your time inside), helped you to build on or use the above in poker?

ArcticKnight