View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Trips on Flop - Turn str8 scare card

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Omaha Queen - Assuming Villain has the Broadway (ace high straight) and a re-draw to a spade flush, here's the math:
$82*10/44+$41*3/44-$26*31/44 =
+$18.64+$2.80-$18.32 = +$3.12

The total is positive, meaning you have a positive e.v. Another way of putting it is you have favorable odds to draw.

Call.

Assuming Villain does have the Broadway, you'll lose more often than you'll win or tie, and by a 31 to 13 margin. But when you win or tie, you'll more than make up the difference.

It's close, but call.

Buzz

(If he doesn't have the Broadway, the odds are even more in your favor)

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. I did call here thinking I very well could be behind but it didn't seem likely to me at the time. I was using the logic that he would have raised me with a high wrap hand and he hadn't. It was obvious he didn't have aces and if he did that would have been quite a slow play not to raise the pot preflop. I have seen it done before though but I didn't think this was the case here.

I didn't bother to raise this hand preflop because I didn't want to face a reraise which this table had been doing a lot at this point. It was getting ridiculous and so I just limped. However, I agree raising here preflop is a good idea. I just wanted to see the flop and proceed from that point.

The guy was chasing his inside straight draw and caught... hmmm why do I keep running into these players and why do they keep catching. I know! I know variance! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Variance should be bleeped if you ask me... because it is becoming my new curse word [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

But I can't complain I won two tourneies in two days and in a row for $299 then for $279 not bad !

Thanks for the congrats on my title [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]