View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Top two on a scary board vs Zeejustin in Caesar\'s 10k

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even knowing results I still think check/call turn and bet/fold river is the best line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone ever say the best play is check/call turn and bet/call river? Never. Its always bet fold river. At least 90% of the time the line is discussed on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems really interesting to me and I'd love if some of the best MTTers could weigh in on what I'm about to say. I've kinda noticed this what Curtains is saying. I've been wondering and have come to the conclusion that the biggest reason that I'm not as good as I'd like to be is a lesser ability to win tons of chips without showing down.

Is this the reason that the best MTT players in the world are who they are?

It seems to me that bet folding this hand on the river against a player like ZeeJustin is a big mistake. I mean from his perspective, you NEVER have anything better than 2 pair if you check call the turn and bet the river. So, him being excellent, is he not going to raise you a large amount of the time knowing you can't call because you virtually never have anything better than the 2 pair?

This deep OOP vs. an expert I would be content to either lead the turn and then eval if he raises or just check each street and call trying to get him to bluff.

Am I crazy?