View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Must a SB sized allin postflop bet be completed to the size of the BB?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some rooms are different, but where I've played, you're able to either call the short bet or complete to the full bet. I'm sure some places have it where you can either call the short bet or raise one full bet on top of it. I'd be checking the rules of the room before making a decision on it, but at first glance being forced to complete the bet is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind this is no limit. In limit with a $5 allin lead bet on a $10 betting round it would clearly act as a full bet in most rooms (since it is half or more) and could be called or raised to $15. On a $20 betting round the $5 allin bet would be "action only" and clearly could be called.

Assuming we are speaking no limit I agree with you yet three players insisted the next player had to make a "full" $10 call (or make a decent size "lead bet"). At he time I simply said "Uh, what?" but didn't make it an issue since I wasn't involved.

Anyway upon further refliction this simply doesn't make sense. To illustrate let's say the pot is three-way and the $5 lead bet came immediately after the first player had checked. If the third player must at least complete to $10 then the first player who checked can now checkraise this very small "bet completion" which in isolation would never had been made. Obviously this puts the third player in an unfair spot.

Like I said I didn't bring this up at the table (or belabor any point at all) but after the hand it got me thinking they just had to be wrong. But I trust you guys over the opinion of most floor.

~ Rick