View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Hyperglycemia/Diabetes?

Posnera, don't get me started with synthroid. Synthroid is standard medication for people with classic hypothyroidism i.e. low t4 levels however it does absolutely nothing for people with thyroid hormone resistance. My TSH/T4 levels are well in the normal range, but my the receptor sites in my cells simply don't process t3 as they would in a normal person.

3 of my 4 sisters, and my mother are all classic hypothryoid and they all show almost no improvement on Synthroid, while showing drastic improvements on Armour.

Anyway providing the receptor sites in my cells don't receive t3 properly, it's entirely possible for other hormone resistance conditions to be present, for example cortisol resistance, and/or insulin resistance. The latter which would cause hyperglycemia, however most of this is speculation and I'll know for sure when I get tested tommorow.

FWIW, I've taken Synthroid. I've taken Armour, I've taken Cytomel, and I've taken sustained release t3. I've taken Isocort and Hydrocortisone...
Saying Synthroid is the "optimal" way of treating such a condition is absolutely ludacris, as I could take 500 mg of it and get no reaction except a headache. For the past 3 years that I've felt like this I've put countless hours of research into trying to find the cause, and since I had such an improvement on t3 I always assumed my problem was thyroid based and completely overlooked the obvious...

Body temperature is up from an average of 96ish to 98.5ish, and I feel better in general, so the t3 has definately shown an improvement. I know more about metabolic function than you average person, and plainly put even if I was classicaly hypothyroid I would never take pure L-thyroxine again, and would probaly stick with a mixture of that and L-trilodine-thyronine (Armour).