View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Hyperglycemia/Diabetes?

Gimp,
For the last 14 months or so, I've had similar symptoms. Extreme thirt, dryness in mouth in middle of night, urination several times a day (drink a ton of water), vision worsening, "woozy" feeling in my head...

I really thought I was developing MODY- (Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young), which comes around mid 20's (I was 26 when I started getting symptoms).

I cut out sugar sodas (of which I drank about 8-12 a day) and began eating healthier because I got very scared. My dad's mother had diabetes. After cutting out sugar and a lot of carbs in my diet, I still felt the same way. I was scared to go into the doc b/c I was afraid my life was about to change drastically and it took me a long time to build up the nerve.

Anyway, I went to the doc about 2-3 months ago, and got a COMPLETE physical (which is recommended for guys in their mid-20's anyway). I made sure they ran a diabetes test (of which they assured me they do anyway).

Turns out, no diabetes. I was quite relieved. I still feel "woozy" often, and still get thirsty and whatnot, so I haven't pinpointed what is wrong. It could be strange co-incidences, I don't know. But I was glad to find out I didn't acquire diabetes.

In the year in which i had the symptoms I did a lot of research on diabetes, and didn't like what I read. I learned a lot though, of which I'm glad.

I say go to the doc and get a complete phycisal (yes, he'll touch your cajones), but it'll be worth it. You'll feel much better for finding out, whether you have it, or not.

Good luck.