View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Every street debatable

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this guy is going to charge himself to draw on the turn.

i just c/c down, and With that turn and river, i'm not folding.

As played, you are probably smoked on the river, but I can't see how you can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole thread is sick. If I was forced to draw up a better example of when to run the "Check/Call Down" play I would be hard-pressed to beat out this hand.

Anybody who doesnt understand why C/Cing down unless the board gets really bad, is the play here needs to re-evaluate their game. I would start by getting back to the basics and opening up their dusty "Theory of Poker" books to pages 270-272.

For those like TheHip and Palomino who figured out that C/C down is the play here, you should pat yourselves on the back.

If I ever write a book on holdem this will be the type of situation I will use to illustrate when to apply the C/C down play. Here we have the perfect type of hand, against the perfect type of player to run this play so lets not check/raise the flop and screw this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to debate you, but how do you know the value of inducing bluffs on this board outweighs the value of him calling down with A high or lower pp + the value of not letting him take free cards? does it just come from experience or is there some way to see that?

on a related note, there's stox's c/r c/c c/c line.