View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Dating a poker pro- From the perspective of a non-playing girlfrie

Here is my story...I m 26 next month.
I started around 10years ago with magicthegathering a cardgame where ,if u are a pro,u can make a living of it travelling and so on.I was a semipro and i can say it was more a hobby.
Then 2 years and half ago i found poker online thanks to a friend and i began at 25NL.
I did all steps and my friend(who played 5\10) helped me a lot giving me books and suggests.
Now i m playing NL600$ and i m trying to go on NL1000 because i ve around 75buyins for 5\10 but i m a bankroll nitty.This is my only source of income and for this year is around 100k.
I should get a degree in informatic engineer but in italy after u get degree and if u find work u get around 1200euros\month around 1800$ ,actually i live with parents but i would like to rent a home.
With a normal work(after university) rent is around 750euros to live alone in 50\60metres house so many guys can t do it alone.
I don t see the point of getting a normal work now but I understand this create some social problems also with girlfriends who are scared of a serious relationship.
When they ask you what u do what u say?
How can u make understand your girlf there s no difference between playing poker or having some shop\anything without a superior?