View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

[ QUOTE ]
ok so i have little formal experience in recruiting/hiring, but tell me if this makes you want to hire someone:

dude sees a standing ad for instructors on the company website. it has my office phone number, which he calls. so far so good.

he calls on the Friday after thanksgiving and leaves a voicemail where he says he's calling about the instructor position for [pause] [mumble mumble].

i call him back this morning and leave a voicemail saying to call me on my office phone (the number to which i provide) to talk about the position, and also to email a resume or cv to my email address (which i also provide).

he calls my cell back an hour or so later. i answer and ask him to call my office phone. he says ok, let me find a pen. a few moments of silence, then i give him my office number (which he has because he's called it before *and* it's in his voicemail). he says he'll call me back.

15 minutes pass. no phone call. no email.

we haven't even talked about the job and i already want to write O RLY? across this guy's forehead with a sharpie.

here's some advice for anyone out there who applies for a job: don't be a dumbass and things will go better for you.

up to 25 minutes now. he better be awfully goddamn good at chess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not make me want to hire someone. Did you put your an application on the website?

You are like putting people in your employ now? Serious business!

Buzz