View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: pretty standard spot, bellagio 2/4

[ QUOTE ]
Online 100/200, I would check often in this spot. They never ever take free card and will often peel the flop with 77-99/KQ type hands hoping to bluff you out later. So I would c/c, c/c. Then again if I have a monster I'm going to check/raise a fair amount of the time too so... Since I believe a 2/4 plays close to 100/200 online I would probably check that turn and let him try to bluff me out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is hard to figure what the "live" play is likely to be. Most aggressive players online, when they're the preflop aggressor in a heads up pot, will make continuation bets on the flop and turn. When they check the turn it is less likely to be for a free card and more likely an attempt to induce a bluff by the opponent on the river when they have a hand with marginal show down value. Even though my online experience is at much smaller stakes than yours, I was a prop on sites with little traffic and I spent most of the day playing 4 and 5 handed games against other props. I think they played much like most higher stakes games.

I think this turn is a very tough choice. If the turn is a K or Q, I check for sure.