View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Another Stupid Peace Initiative for Israel/Arabs

I fully understand the Palestinian hatred of Israelis. I also understand the Israeli hatred of Palestinians. I dont see what its so hard for you to understand this. It is to be expected that each side largely hates each other.

You have your opinion of who is in the wrong in the bigger picture, I have mine. That dosnt make any difference to my ability to understand the other sides grievances and i resent you implying that I blindly side with Israel. Regardless of your opinions on the cause of the conflict, do you not understand the hatred on both sides?

I have stated many times (in other threads) that I believe the only solution is for a Palestinian state to be created - im sure we differ regarding the timing and extent.

I dont condemn the hatred the Palestinians have for Israelis. I condemn their actions. I condemn the lies that they are taught, the dehumanisation of jews and the glorification of violence and death. Is this really controversial? Even if you are on the side of the Palestinians, do you not condemn this too? I believe that the indoctrination they receive makes terrorism inevitable and ultimately harms their cause - if they really want a state, blowing up kids waiting in line for a disco will only hurt them. Do you deny that the lies I posted earlier were made? Do you deny that their official media and religious figures constantly preach hatred and death?

And another thing, the Palestinians and many others in the arab world do not just demonise Israelis - whom they are in conflict with. They demonise Jews in general. Despite your views of the conflict, cant you agree that this is totally unneccesary and disgraceful?

Why does every thread on this issue have to degenerate into the sort of things that you posted? I am pro Israel, you are pro Palestinian. Fine. But I can fully understand the Palestinian hatred of Israel and you dont seem to understand the Israeli hatred of Palestinians, the differences in the actions of both sides and the non black and white nature of the conflict.