View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: The most amazing thing happened yesterday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of these uses was High Fructose Corn Syrup, which is fattening our nation at an alarming rate, but it's the other that really reeks of government corruption. They use it for Ethonol fuel. That's all well and good until you realize that Corn ethonol is useless compared to Sugar ethonol. The Corn lobby continues to push this and politicians follow suit. Kinda sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not real sure what you mean by Corn ethonol is useless? You mean my car won't run if I use corn ethonol? Back in the day, my Grandfather used to brew some stuff from corn in a thing called a "still", I bet a car would run on that stuff.

I don't know anything about it, but before you get down too hard on the corn lobby, how many farmers and how many States grow corn? I remember one year when almost the entire State of Iowa's corn crop was wiped out by flood (which is where you assume most of the corn is grown) the price of corn really didn't budge, it seems the farmers of Indiana and Ohio pretty much picked up the slack by the loss of Iowa. I wonder if they would be able to do that without an ethonol market?

I have a couple of cans of corn in my cupboard. I wonder how much they would cost if corn wasn't being "subsidized" by ethanol?

Don't really know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm from Indiana, so my knowledge of the Corn industry is fairly extensive.

Also, by corn ethonol is useless, I meant it's ~9 times less efficient (energy used to make it -> energy it produces) then Sugar. If we could grow sugar (in the south maybe, I don't know enough about climates vis a vis Farming) and grow less Corn, we could actually rid ourselves of forign oil, that's not going to happen on Corn.

Don't get me wrong, I like corn, but there are changes that need to be made for better results.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Hemp fuel crushes sugar and corn both and it grows everywhere.