View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 06:36 AM

Default Re: 2K6m. tricky TPTK OOP.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the weak reraise preflop. You really can't narrow villain's range to anything. He could've called that flop with like A9

[/ QUOTE ]
The small re-raise, while technically offering good direct odds, offers [censored] for implied odds. No hand really has odds to call to hit. I can't imagine personally taking a flop with A9 or some junk (I'd push or fold, almost always fold), but I have no diea how an unknown opponent would respond to a "small" 4-bet like this.

If you had 4-bet for slightly more, I would definitely say check/fold.... but here, I'm not sure, as I've never made a raise quite like that, myself.

OTOH: It's pretty nutty to try to float on a flop like this, and the hands that you beat aren't really gonna wanna put much more in, as I really don't think they think that they can ever blow you off a big pair, and they probably think that you'd push with the NFD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point about the relatively small 4-bet is that it makes a big pot with a hand that hero will hardly ever be totally confident is best at any point in the hand. Against a villian that hero knows is overly tight, or entirely predictable, or just plain bad then it may be a good play. It may also be that hero has no issues about playing lots of big pots at these stakes and feels his post-flop play is good. This can make these bets very much good plays, but against an unknown and OOP it looks like the bet puts too much pressure on hero so instinctively looks a little bit iffy.