View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you liken one-tabling to a real poker room - a lot of us play online because one-tabling in B&Ms can be ridiculously dreary at times.
Part of poker is management of emotions. One reason that a lot of people don't play well in B&M is precisely that they get impatient. What you guys want, because you know this is indeed a problem, is to be free of one of the requirements of playing good poker.

And I know you guys want a lot of hands so you can cherry pick the best hands and ignore the others. If some guy is making a play on you, and your hand is marginal, you want the freedom to toss it and move on since you are being busy at other tables anyway.

That may be good rote poker, but it isn't real poker. Real poker requires you to have the discipline to toss a marginal hand when you are frustrated by not having seen a good hand in an hour.

Furthermore, I don't know why you're asking for our support to help get your idea off the ground when you don't want to cater to our requests. If multitabling nits are bad for the game, surely you think single-tabling nits See above. Single tabling nits are very rare, and most of you won't qualify. are bad for the game too. Then why are you posting here asking for our support? Because having the support of the 2+2 community would make this idea more likely to come to fruition? Okay, so you want our support - why are you insisting on restricting the number of tables people play and then surprised when we're reluctant to give it?
I am tossing out an idea I have to see who WOULD support it. I know most of you want to see a quite different model. But neither I nor the US facing sites that will be showing up want to give you all a personal fish farm.

But that being said, I would love to see a completely free competitive market for poker sites. If you would all dedicate as much energy to passing the Wexler bill as you do bashing me, you would go a long way to having such a free market. Then, it is let the best plan win.

I like the idea and I'd probably play on the site, but the way you present it here and are so resistant to the suggestions of the community you're trying to win over are going to make it a tough sell to everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]